Re: changing FQDN

Am 25.10.2009 13:34, Florian Effenberger schrieb:
> Is the open source LaunchPad capable of being accessible from the
> internet with a different FQDN? If so, what is the best approach? Any
> configuration variable I can change, or do I need to work with
> mod_proxy? Or s this a bad idea at all?

The open source Launchpad is identical to the production code running on
Launchpad.net (well, obviously it is even newer than that). It is
missing the production configuration files, though, as they are specific
to Launchpad.net. The configuration files are found in the configs
subdirectory.

As Robert pointed out in the other thread, running your own public
launchpad clone is not the reason why Launchpad was open-sourced. If you
want to do it you will not and cannot be kept from doing it, provided
that you do the re-branding as mentioned.

I don't expect, that you will find much help on this list, though, as it
is concerned with improving the code for launchpad.net. Sorry about that.

Henning