use in production environment

Hello,

I have a second question regarding LaunchPad. As said, compiling it
out of the sources worked well thanks to the help of the mailing list.
However, I'm not convinced that for a production site, the open source
edition is the right choice. Are there any stable branches or upgrade
paths that can be applied for production sites? As far as I know, I
only can get the bleeding edge version from time to time, wich means
adjusting configuration files, checking for new features and the like.

Honestly, is the open source LaunchPad ready for a production
environment, or should it be considered just as an option for
developers to work on the code, but not for hosting their own projects
with it?

Thanks in advance,
Florian

Follow ups