Re: RFC: Bug page 3.0 redesign

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 01:07:17PM +0200, Michael Bienia wrote:
> The problem I see is the long list of implicit subscribers coming from
> bug subscriptions to *all* Ubuntu bugs and making this portlet useless
> for me (at least for bugs on packages) as can't tell anymore if someone
> gets notified who really cares about the package.
>
> When I look at the implicit subscribers for the above mentioned bug:
> - 5 subscribers to the bzr project
> - 4 subscribers to the bzr package
> - 1 subscriber to the python2.6 package
> and
> - 40 subscribers to all Ubuntu bugs (and 12 deactivated accounts)

Nobody, really, should be subscribed to all Ubuntu bugs. That's probably
more a problem with the subscription interface on the Ubuntu side than
anything else -- Tom and now Deryck know about it, though!

> So to fix this, the subscription to Ubuntu bugs shouldn't cover all
> Ubuntu packages but just only those bugs that are filed against Ubuntu
> (i.e. without a package). That's a valid reason I can think of to

Even if that were the case, it wouldn't be very helpful to see that list
on every packageless Ubuntu bug page, right?
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko