Re: Debian archive almost ready to accept v3 source packages

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 16:47 +0000, James Westby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just read this
>
>   http://blog.ganneff.de/blog/2009/10/27/debian-ftpmaster-meeting.html
>
> The summary is that dak has just had the changes merged to support the
> v3 source format. It doesn't say when they will be accepted, but it may
> be very soon.
>
> Is Launchpad ready for this?

No.

However, the code changes are pretty simple; I got an untested
implementation done in a couple of hours this afternoon. I ran through a
full upload/build/publish run over various test source packages, and it
all works fine.

My main fear was that sbuild would need patching -- that would have been
very problematic, as Debian's sbuild has been largely rewritten, so
backporting would be hard. Fortunately the current one works fine.

The harder bit of the change is auditing all the DC machines to ensure
that they have sufficient versions of dpkg installed. That I cannot do.

gina also probably needs to be doctored a bit, but that's not as crucial
yet.