Re: Packageset URLs (Was: Re: pre-implementation call re. package set traversal change)

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 11:45:19AM +0100, Muharem Hrnjadovic wrote:
> > doesn't the package set hang of the distribution in the first place?
>
> This is an interesting question and reminds me of a question Curtis H.
> brought up yesterday.  What happens in a case where we have 2
> distributions A and B with an identically named distro series X and
> both requiring a package set named 'kernel-packages'?

So I /think/ it would be a weird design to expect all distros use the
same package sets (for instance, doesn't that suggest that the seeds
would tend to be the same between them?), and given the fact that
derived distros may want to reuse Ubuntu names to suggest alignment, I
think traversing (and IDing) under distribution does make sense.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko