Re: branch-distro.py run for Ubuntu release

On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 16:14 +1300, Michael Hudson wrote:
> Michael Hudson wrote:
> > James Westby wrote:
> >> I have just recieved this notification. Lucid is now created and so we can
> >> create branches for it.
> >
> > I'll work with a LOSA to get this done today.
>
> So we couldn't run it today because I forgot that the script I wrote
> equired adding a user to the database config of the production database
> until after the people who can approve this had left for the day :-(
>
> Assuming such approval can be gotten tomorrow, here's what needs to be
> done:
>
> 1) Get approval to add the 'branch-distro' dbuser from the first hunk of
> https://pastebin.canonical.com/24075/ to the production database, and
> allow codehost@crowberry to connect as this user.

We got approval and I've opened up DB access.

> 2) Run this command on crowberry:
>
> /srv/bazaar.launchpad.net/production/mwh-rev-8539-plus/scripts/branch-distro.py ubuntu karmic lucid

This is running. It was called as follows:

codehost@crowberry:/srv/bazaar.launchpad.net/production/mwh-db-stable
$ ./scripts/branch-distro.py ubuntu karmic lucid >
~/mwh-branch-lucid.log 2>&1

> Save the output somehow.  You can measure it's progress by seeing how
> many branches are at https://code.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid (it
> should produce as many there as there are official branches in lucid,
> which is a little under 16000).
>
> 3) The script may fall over, in which case the right thing to do is
> restart it.  If it seems to be repeatedly falling over without making
> progress (you can run with -v to check this) debugging will be required.
> I recommend jml for this job :-)

I'll keep an eye on it.

Cheers, Tom