Re: Error during Launchpad environment setup (was Fwd: Traceback)

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Stuart Bishop
<stuart.bishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 2:59 AM, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> I've got a USB stick that I'm passing around that will help people get
>> a Launchpad development environment set up. It's got a repository and
>> a slightly modified rocketfuel-setup[1]. The first person to try this
>> version of the stick got as far as a successful 'make schema', but
>> when he tried to 'make run', he got the error below.
>>
>> What's going on? How can we work around this?
>
> Step 5 of https://dev.launchpad.net/DatabaseSetup hasn't been done:
>
> """
> add the following lines at the top of the file
> /etc/postgresql/8.3/main/pg_hba.conf:
>     # allow unauthenticated connections to localhost
>     local   all         all                               trust
>     host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
> """

Thanks.

On IRC, we figured out why this wasn't happening: Zac had postgres 8.4
and 8.3 installed, and the script launchpad-database-setup does its
work only on the highest version number. However, Launchpad connected
to 8.3 by default.

The workaround was modifying the script so that it didn't look in 8.4,
thus allowing it to modify 8.3. (Thanks to wgrant & maxb for helping
with this)

jml