Re: Code review comment tweaks

Tim Penhey wrote:
The "no-js" image shows what the page renders like without javascript enabled.
This allows the user to still comment and review if they have no javascript from the main code review page.

Looks great. I really like that you've put the fields on the same line.

The "initial" image is what the form looks like initially.

The "review" image shows what the form looks like if the user clicks the "show review fields".

I like the idea, and I think it will be a big improvement. I do think we need to think of a text that doesn't sound so implementation-y (that fact that we show/hide review fields is something we don't need to expose). Putting it next to the title will also likely mean people will skip it when scanning.

It feels more like people would either comment or review. If they review, the comment is optional, otherwise it's not.

So maybe something like 2 modes:

<title>Add comment<title>
(+) Add review
|------------------------------------------|
                              (Save comment)

<title>Add review<title>
[-choose-] type:[     ]
Comment:
(optional)                    (Save review)

--
Martin