Re: process experiment proposal - move all our bugs to launchpad.net/launchpad

2009/12/1 Danilo Šegan <danilo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi all,
>
> У пет, 27. 11 2009. у 08:19 +0200, Bjorn Tillenius пише:
>> Personally, I think a more useful experiment would be to try out
>> different hypothesis, which doesn't make the whole team unproductive
>> for a few cycles. One hypothesis is that we need to get views for a
>> single team. Let's implement views for teams for milestones, assigned
>> bugs, subscribed bugs, and so on. Then have one team try it out and
>> see how it works. We could do this in /launchpad-project, since this
>> feature should work for both projects and project groups.
>
> Everyone from the LP side seems to be proposing something that would
> brings us back to where we start :)  Eg. team-based milestones, or
> per-team tags as Tim suggests.

It seems to me that Robert's experiment has gathered some data, and
that is: Launchpad's bug tracker doesn't scale at the moment to
handling single projects that are so large that people can't cope with
seeing the whole flow of bugs.  The only way to cope with them is, as
Launchpad does, to create sub-projects for functional or
organizational areas.  Doing so has some drawbacks but they are
manageable.

Since Launchpad's focus at the moment is on Ubuntu connections to
upstream this bug doesn't seem either critical or strategic.

Perhaps a larger problem is that the workaround used by Launchpad is
not available to other projects, since subprojects as organizational
structure are (at least in theory) banned.  Perhaps that should be
relaxed?

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>