Re: process experiment proposal - move all our bugs to launchpad.net/launchpad

Hi all,

У пет, 27. 11 2009. у 08:19 +0200, Bjorn Tillenius пише:
> Personally, I think a more useful experiment would be to try out
> different hypothesis, which doesn't make the whole team unproductive
> for a few cycles. One hypothesis is that we need to get views for a
> single team. Let's implement views for teams for milestones, assigned
> bugs, subscribed bugs, and so on. Then have one team try it out and
> see how it works. We could do this in /launchpad-project, since this
> feature should work for both projects and project groups.

Everyone from the LP side seems to be proposing something that would
brings us back to where we start :)  Eg. team-based milestones, or
per-team tags as Tim suggests.

I am not saying that's a bad thing: it seems people like the split we
have.  I personally like it too, because it allows me to keep all
translations-related bugs under one umbrella, and I can easily keep it
down to <400 open bugs.  That means it's <100 per developer for
Launchpad Translations.

Using other approaches (tags, team-based searches) would allow me the
same thing, but it'd require effort for the same thing we already have.

I am not saying the experiment proposal is bad either: it'd be nice to
be more familiar with stuff happening elsewhere.  And I occasionally do
take a peek into my 'everything else' folder and comment on a few bugs.
But as long as there is a necessary option to filter by the team, I will
mostly forget about the 'everything else' folder and simply ignore it
just the way I do now.

Cheers,
Danilo