Re: process experiment proposal - move all our bugs to launchpad.net/launchpad

On Dec 02, 2009, at 10:23 AM, Jonathan Lange wrote:

>However, I do think that ideally, we'd be modelling this by using
>teams. At the moment, we are modelling it with projects. I don't think
>there is any real sense in which, malone say, is a separate *project*
>from registry. It grates on me that we model it that way in Launchpad.
>Ideally, we'd have one project (launchpad) and many teams, and work
>could be coordinated through teams. Would you agree with this?

Yes.

>I think the next questions about whether the benefit of changing is
>greater than the cost, whether we can do a cost-effective experiment
>and what are the next actions are all interesting, but kind of futile
>to discuss unless we know where we stand on the first question: what
>would the ideal set up look like?

Maybe it would be useful to survey existing bug trackers to see how they do
it, or at least get some ideas.  Jira is one of the best that I've used.  It's
not free but free licenses can be had for open source projects, and demo
licenses can easily be had.

-Barry