Re: process experiment proposal - move all our bugs to launchpad.net/launchpad

2009/12/2 Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 5:55 AM, Bjorn Tillenius <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ... I don't think
> there is any real sense in which, malone say, is a separate *project*
> from registry. It grates on me that we model it that way in Launchpad.
> Ideally, we'd have one project (launchpad) and many teams, and work
> could be coordinated through teams. Would you agree with this?

Not quite. For users to be able to effectively file bugs without
creating a lot more work triaging, they need to be able to tell us
which component of Launchpad the bug is in. We then take this
information and feed it to the team responsible for that component for
triaging and resolution. If we scrapped sub-projects we'd need another
way of capturing that information, so unless we have a better way of
doing that I'm not sure I agree that it's desirable to get rid of
sub-projects.