Re: Running Windmill tests in buildbot and ec2

Bjorn Tillenius wrote:

>>> You wouldn't happen to know which extra packages were installed to get
>>> it to work? I'm assuming xvfb needs to be there. But what about firefox,
>>> which packages where installed to get it to run? Plain 'firefox', or
>>> something else?
>> My IRC logs suggest this was the magic line:
>>
>> apt-get -y install xvfb firefox xfonts-base
>
> Cool. The launchpad-developer-dependencies 0.59 now depends on the extra
> packages. If you could create new ec2 images, it would be great. If you
> could explain how to update the images, even better :)

I first run a command like this:

./utilities/ec2 update-image --public launchpad-ec2test112 -m
based-on:ami-e6f6158f

Then test it and use ec2-modify-image-attributes to make it public.

This is a bit inefficient as it builds an image completely from scratch
rather than updating our existing one, but the code that does that
doesn't actually upgrade the installed packages currently (I finally got
around to filing a bug about this:

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-foundations/+bug/493774

).  Anyone can run the above command of course, but only images created
by myself, Gary or Francis are considered by ./utilities/ec2 for running
currently.

The new image is building.

Cheers,
mwh