Re: Can we drop 'ssh' from launchpad-developer-dependencies?

On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 16:46 +1300, Michael Hudson wrote:
> Tim Penhey wrote:
> > On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 02:33:43 Guilherme Salgado wrote:
> >> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/495454
> >>
> >> If not, can we just replace it with openssh-client?
> >
> > I defer to Michael.
> >
> > Michael, can we remove the dependency?
>
> The dependency was added in this change:
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~launchpad-committers/meta-lp-deps/trunk/revision/17

Thanks for reminding me I was the one to add that dependency; I just
wish I could remember why I did so.

> (from 19 Nov 2007).  It's not clear to me from the linked bug
> (https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/meta-lp-deps/+bug/154413, "Add pylint,
> ssh and libxml2-utils to the dependencies") exactly why ssh needed to be
> added.  I see no reason in bin/lint.sh to require ssh.
>
> It's possible that the cscvs tests require a sshd to be installed -- but
> I don't think so.

I don't think so either, as at least one of our pqm/buildbot chroots
doesn't have it installed.

> The codehosting tests connect over ssh but they use paramiko on the
> client side and conch on the server.
>
> Looks like the dependency can be removed to me.

I'll remove it.

--
Guilherme Salgado <salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>