Re: Build engineer report, Dec 2009

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 4:22 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jan 04, 2010, at 12:13 PM, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
>
>>On January 4, 2010, Gary Poster wrote:
>>> """
>>>  * I meant to do this myself, but it would be nice to have ctags generated
>>>  so that vim could jump to the library method definition without instead of
>>>  me grepping through the eggs.
>>> """
>>>
>>> Please see ``bin/tags -v`` (or ``make tags``) and ``bin/tags -e`` (for you
>>>  emacs users).
>>>

>>Actually, this one is currently broken because of ctags. It creates symbol
>>definition everytime the symbol is imported, not only where it is defined.
>
> Oh!  I've been noticing this and thought it was caused by a bug in Emacs.  It
> makes tags unusable for me.  Thank Jono for bzr-tools-grep.

My pleasure.

Interestingly, I showed the recipe for bzr-tools-grep at UDS-L, and a
git fan in the audience sniggered about Bazaar's vaunted usability
because,
   "bzr ls -VR --kind=file --null | xargs -0 grep -In %s"

becomes
  "git grep %s"

Perhaps someone would like to add the grep command to bzr-core, or a plugin.

jml