Re: Bug heat UI

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 11:03 PM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2010/1/9 Deryck Hodge <deryck.hodge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> fwiw I think the 'hot list' on the home page works reasonably well at
> showing some important bugs, including those bugs that may need
> attention but that haven't been handled yet.  It's good already.

Interesting.

[snip]

> How about a survey, on the lp blog, asking people if the hot bugs list
> works for them?

Perhaps we should do something like this.  The current "hot bugs" is
just recently touched bugs.  But if people find this useful, we should
rename it appropriately and keep it.  I really hadn't considered that
people like the page as it is now, since I consider it a broken
implementation.

If we kept as is, we could then have a filter link to "hot bugs" or
have two short lists -- have both "bugs with recent activity" and "hot
bugs" on the home page.

I think the usefulness of a bug heat indicator is in searches and
glancing at existing bugs lists, so I'm cool with being more flexible
about the bugs home and trying something there.  And I do recognize
that this is just my (one person's) opinion, so the idea is to get
something working this month and spend the following month polishing
the feature based on user feedback.

Cheers,
deryck

--