Re: Tired of running utilities/link-external-sourcecode manually?

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 04:20:08AM +0000, Julian Edwards wrote:
> On Monday 11 January 2010 22:34:08 Bjorn Tillenius wrote:
> > I'd say that if you need a script to make a branch, something is broken.
>
> Why do we have rocketfuel-branch then?  (Genuine question)

I don't know. I've never used it. I think it used to be more
complicated, but now it only does:

    bzr branch trunk new-branch
    cd new-branch
    utilities/link-external-sourcecode
    make

With my fix, the call to link-external-sourcecode isn't needed anymore.
Assuming that 'bzr branch' is fast enough, which is should be, and is
for me, then this script isn't needed. Could be that 'bzr branch' should
cd to the created branch be default (or at least have an option to
do it.)

I don't want to run make, unless I need to. Sometimes I don't run make
for new branches, so I rather do that manually (and I use 'make tags',
not 'make')

I would argue for that this script should be deleted, but if others still
think it's useful, I'm not going to stop them from using it.

--
Björn Tillenius | https://launchpad.net/~bjornt