Re: Tired of running utilities/link-external-sourcecode manually?

2010/1/13 Bjorn Tillenius <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 04:20:08AM +0000, Julian Edwards wrote:
>> On Monday 11 January 2010 22:34:08 Bjorn Tillenius wrote:
>> > I'd say that if you need a script to make a branch, something is broken.
>>
>> Why do we have rocketfuel-branch then?  (Genuine question)
>
> I don't know. I've never used it. I think it used to be more
> complicated, but now it only does:
>
>    bzr branch trunk new-branch
>    cd new-branch
>    utilities/link-external-sourcecode
>    make
>

> With my fix, the call to link-external-sourcecode isn't needed anymore.
> Assuming that 'bzr branch' is fast enough, which is should be, and is
> for me, then this script isn't needed. Could be that 'bzr branch' should
> cd to the created branch be default (or at least have an option to
> do it.)
>
> I don't want to run make, unless I need to. Sometimes I don't run make
> for new branches, so I rather do that manually (and I use 'make tags',
> not 'make')
>
> I would argue for that this script should be deleted, but if others still
> think it's useful, I'm not going to stop them from using it.

I stopped using it a while back when it stopped being useful -
buildout has solved most of the problems that rf-get ever existed to
solve, I think. By and large I'm +1 for removing it, unless I've
missed something (I'm being lazy and haven't looked at the actual
script; I'm taking it on faith that Bjorn knows what he's talking
about).

--
Graham Binns | PGP Key: EC66FA7D