Re: "make check" is broken

On Wednesday 20 January 2010 14:32:48 Maris Fogels wrote:
> Ok, that is really strange.  xvfb is used to run Firefox in a headless
> environment, and should only by run by buildbot.
>
> Looks like moving the the JS continuous integration onto mainline pulled
>  those builder-specific changes along with them.
>
> One option: check for a DISPLAY environment variable.  If it exists, then
>  you are not the buildbot!  And you don't need xvfb.  If it does exist,
>  then use the xvfb harness.  Sound good?

Actually I would prefer it always uses xvfb by default - that way I don't get
firefox popping up and down and getting in my way.  It's rather annoying!  You
probably want a switch so it can run like that though, if you want to watch
it.

Another thing I just noticed, I am running the tests on a separate box of mine
that I am ssh'ed into.  It had this error when I was running with bin/test:

{{{
  Set up canonical.testing.layers.BaseWindmillLayer in 0.000 seconds.
  Set up lp.bugs.windmill.testing.BugsWindmillLayerError: cannot open display:
localhost:10.0

Started ['/tmp/tmpirnKtc.mozrunner/mozrunner-firefox', '-profile',
'/tmp/tmpirnKtc.mozrunner', 'http://bugs.launchpad.dev:8085/windmill-
serv/start.html']
in 1.717 seconds.
  Running:
}}}

And it seems stuck there.  :(

I second a another email that said js tests are not ready to block landings
yet.