Re: OK, I'm stumped

On 01/21/2010 12:12 AM, Tom Berger wrote:
2010/1/20 Bjorn Tillenius <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 06:21:37PM +1300, Bjorn Tillenius wrote:

BTW, if you want to get some JS patch landed, a workaround could be to
find JS code that we don't use, and exclude it when generating
launchpad.js to make it smaller.

Brian and I killed some JS code today, in a branch I'm about to land.
Maybe that will improve things a bit (but it's much less than Tim's
additions).

If we're stuck, maybe we should stop concatenating JS files until we
find a better solution (and if 500kb is the limit then we may have to
go with several concatenated JS files, each weighing less than that
limit).

Ok, this whole thing is a bit strange, and I haven't been able to reproduce the problem myself. Windmill always takes 100% of one core on my system.

If we do have to reduce the JavaScript file size then I suggest splitting Mochikit out of the rollup. That will save us a lot of weight. It can be explicitly loaded on the pages that need it.

But I would like to figure out what exactly is going on here.

Maris