Re: OK, I'm stumped

2010/1/21 Maris Fogels <maris.fogels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 01/21/2010 12:12 AM, Tom Berger wrote:
>>
>> 2010/1/20 Bjorn Tillenius <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 06:21:37PM +1300, Bjorn Tillenius wrote:
>
>>> BTW, if you want to get some JS patch landed, a workaround could be to
>>> find JS code that we don't use, and exclude it when generating
>>> launchpad.js to make it smaller.
>>
>> Brian and I killed some JS code today, in a branch I'm about to land.
>> Maybe that will improve things a bit (but it's much less than Tim's
>> additions).
>>
>> If we're stuck, maybe we should stop concatenating JS files until we
>> find a better solution (and if 500kb is the limit then we may have to
>> go with several concatenated JS files, each weighing less than that
>> limit).
>>

> Ok, this whole thing is a bit strange, and I haven't been able to reproduce
> the problem myself.  Windmill always takes 100% of one core on my system.
>
> If we do have to reduce the JavaScript file size then I suggest splitting
> Mochikit out of the rollup.  That will save us a lot of weight.  It can be
> explicitly loaded on the pages that need it.
>
> But I would like to figure out what exactly is going on here.

I have what may be a related problem. I have a branch that changes
some translations help text, changes the "Continue" button on help
pop-ups to read "Close" and also changes the help pop-ups so they
point to the right location for the CSS files. So, nothing major going
on, really.

Each time I run the test suite in ec2, the suite dies when it hits the
Windmill tests. It just hangs. Anyone seen that before? The branch, if
anyone's interested, is:

https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~matthew.revell/launchpad/translations-help-10.1

--
Matthew Revell -- https://launchpad.net/~matthew.revell
Launchpad.net -- cross-project collaboration and hosting