Re: adding PIL 1.1.7 to launchpad-developer-dependencies

Edwin Grubbs wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Michael Hudson
> <michael.hudson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Edwin Grubbs wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> PIL will be used for the new script for generating the combined sprite
>>> image from the individual image files. python-imaging 1.1.7 provides
>>> much better PNG compression than previous versions, and it is already
>>> packaged for lucid. I want to add it to the launchpad PPA and then to
>>> launchpad-developer-dependencies.

>> Will the results of combining the images be checked into the tree, or
>> something 'make build' does?  If the latter, PIL will need to be in
>> launchpad-dependencies, not launchpad-developer-dependencies.

> Since we shouldn't need to regenerate the sprites file that often, I
> don't think it is too onerous to have developers run an additional
> make target and then commit the image, so that PIL only needs to be
> added to launchpad-developer-dependencies.

PIL (without a version constraint) is *already* in
launchpad-dependencies. PIL 1.1.7 packages for hardy,jaunty,karmic are
available in the PPA.

So the remaining task here is to add (>= 1.1.7) to the dependency (with
some commentary as to why in debian/changelog.

Max.