Re: RFC: UI for +filebug while waiting-for-blob-to-be-processed

On 16 February 2010 21:06, Graham Binns <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I want the UI to be fairly simple - just a message and a spinner. I've
> attached a screenshot of what I'm thinking of. Suggestions and
> comments are welcome.

Thanks for circulating it.

>> Please wait.  Launchpad is processing the extra bug data you uploaded.  This page will refresh every 10 seconds until processing is complete.

* To me 'refresh' means reload completely; that seems redundant with
having a spinner, and a bit unnecessary?
* It's not really 'you' because the upload is coming from apport and
the user is just cooperating with it.
* Are we processing it or just loading it?

So I would suggest

>> Please wait while bug data is sent. <spin spin>

The fact that the page will eventually reload should be obvious.

Ideally you would show how much data is to be sent (4MB or whatever)
but that may be hard.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>