Re: Community contributors getting their code landed

On Wednesday 24 February 2010 16:21:55 Brad Crittenden wrote:
> Aaron you have access to ec2 but you choose not to use it.  Hopefully your
>  objections will be addressed if we can begin to utilize the shared billing
>  Amazon now offers or move our testing to an internal cloud.  Until then
>  you'll either have to use your own resources or refuse to land branches
>  for our community contributors.

One of the reasons that I don't use ec2 myself is because I don't want to run
up routine expenses that I have the hassle of claiming every month.

When we have our own cloud solution, or shared billing, then I'll be in.

But to get back on topic, when I review one of William's branches, for
example, I will run the tests on my local machine, sometimes in a VM.  I
recently set it up so it has Wake On Lan so I can turn it on remotely and run
my tests when I am travelling (I have a server that is always on that I ssh
into first).