Re: Community contributors getting their code landed

On Feb 24, 2010, at 11:34 , Julian Edwards wrote:

> On Wednesday 24 February 2010 16:21:55 Brad Crittenden wrote:
>> Aaron you have access to ec2 but you choose not to use it.  Hopefully your
>> objections will be addressed if we can begin to utilize the shared billing
>> Amazon now offers or move our testing to an internal cloud.  Until then
>> you'll either have to use your own resources or refuse to land branches
>> for our community contributors.
>>

> One of the reasons that I don't use ec2 myself is because I don't want to run
> up routine expenses that I have the hassle of claiming every month.

It's a trivial point, but one way I handle the annoyance claiming expenses is to only do it once per quarter.  When I get the billing statement from Amazon I mark the email with a flag and when I have three flagged emails I take ten minutes to fill out the expense report.

--bac