Re: Script for seeing which revisions have been QAed

Hi Bjorn,

У сре, 24. 02 2010. у 18:51 +0200, Bjorn Tillenius пише:

> > and I'd have to ask you to add your request to the backlog (on
> > "Translations" kanban board).
>
> Sure, I could do that.

Ursula already did that, so it's all good.

> > Also, considering this is part of a
> > bigger feature ("continuous QA"), I'd prefer if it was marked as such,
> > and if people like Ursula, Diogo, Gary and me were all engaged in the
> > design (because we are going to make sure it's delivered), or otherwise,
> > you are going to be randomly asking people to implement something for
> > what there might not be enough buy-in.
>
> I will certainly discuss this in more detail. This was just one thing
> that I was quite sure was needed, so I though it would be better to get
> things going already.

My main concern is that if we are going to manage this work, it'd be
better if we fully understand it and (consciously) agree with it.  Or,
we might do a bad job directing it.

> I'm going to spend the next few days going over my
> MergeWorklowDraft proposal and start defining things in more detail.
> This will involve discussions with interested parties.
>
> This got me thinking, how do we keep track of features involving
> multiple teams using the Kanban boards?

I think that's a bit of a problem.  Whatever solution we choose, we'll
have issues.  If we use a shared kanban board for QA engineers, some
teams (Foundations and Translations) will have to use two kanban boards
for stand-ups. If we do it across two boards, it won't be easy to tell
how one particular feature is going.

If we split the work up nicely, it's probably not a big deal if we keep
doing it as we are right now (Diogo and Ursula each have their own lanes
on Foundations and Translations boards respectively).  Anyway, I
strongly suggest we don't make the big deal out of it or we are going to
find all solutions lacking.

Cheers,
Danilo