Re: guide to Launchpad clients

On 9 March 2010 15:24, Karl Fogel <karl.fogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I like Clients better too.  Just remember to add a redirect at the old
> API/Uses page.
>
> Martin, I didn't have time to do a full merge of the two pages, but I
> remove the redundancies between them (and favored moving material to
> Clients, rather than the other direction).  I also made sure both pages
> refer to each other.  If you're not planning to merge them, please let
> me know.

Thanks.

I'm a bit conceptually blocked on this by waiting to hear what access
control rules are supposed to pertain to the help wiki, and getting
the actual rules to match that (if they differ).  At the moment I can
edit the Clients page but not link it into the places it ought to be.
Can you chase this?

> While I like the format of Clients, I think it might start to get
> unwieldy with the number of entries that API/Uses has.  If I were
> merging them, I'd probably favor the "Clients" URL but the API/Uses
> format, or something like it.  However, if you're merging them, then I
> wouldn't dream of imposing that aesthetic judgement on you :-).

I suspect we do not really have 20 clients that people actually want
to use, probably more like 4-8 if that.  Let's emphasize them and add
the niche or prototype ones in a less detailed way.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>