Re: Remove spidermonkey-bin from launchpad-developer-dependencies?

Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
> On March 10, 2010, Bjorn Tillenius wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 02:47:41AM +0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>>> launchpad-developer-dependencies depends on spidermonkey-bin. This
>>> package has been removed from lucid.
>>> Does anyone know why it was added, and if we may remove it?
>>
>> Lazr-js uses it for jslint. It uses it indirectly, though. It uses
>> /usr/bin/js, which points to /etc/alternatives/js, which points to
>> /usr/bin/smjs.
>
> Yep, jslint supports the rhino JS interpreter, but it's like 10x slower.

I've filed
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xulrunner-1.9.2/+bug/536950,
lets see what the Ubuntu mozilla team do.

Unfortunately, the Mozilla build system is sufficiently baffling that I
don't think re-introducing it in the PPA is a workable interim solution.

Max.