Apocalypse Interruptus

Hey everyone,

Before we open sourced Launchpad we thought that it would be a good
idea to split up the gargantuan swamp of files in
lib/canonical/launchpad/ and move them into the 'lp' package, breaking
them up by application and using dependency rules as a tie-breaker.
Thus, bugs code lives in lp.bugs, which depends on lp.registry but not
lp.code, everything depends on lp.services, etc. We called this
project the Launchpad apocalypse.

I still think this is a really good idea. Knowing what you can safely
ignore is a great way to tackle complexity, and this is the best way I
know of reducing the amount of code that one has to think about.

In any case, lib/canonical/launchpad is still a mess. We should get
our files out of there into a place where people can find them. I've
attached a graph that charts the progress we've made toward this.
Canonical folk can find this graph at
https://lpstats.canonical.com/graphs/CodeBaseFileCount/20090101/20100326/.

Let's bring it down to zero.

jml