Re: Adapters & API (was Re: Exposing newCodeImport)

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM, James Westby <jw+debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:11:26 +0100, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> > Right, that's true, which pretty much rules out the invisible to clients
>> > approach, unless a prefix is added.
>> >
>> >  branch_target_name
>> >
>> > would be ok in my eyes, but
>> >
>> >  branchTargetNewCodeImport()
>> >
>> > or similar would not be.
>> >

>> I guess you could implement IBranchTarget(obj).name and
>> IBranchTarget(obj).newCodeImport() on the client-side too.
>
> As sugar for this case, or are you speaking about something else?

I meant as a more general sugar.

And, since my IRC backlog indicates I didn't make it clear enough
here, I'm not saying "Go forth and implement this solution", I'm
discussing possible solutions to an interesting problem. It would be
wise to seek Gary or Leonard's advice on this topic.

jml