Re: bzr-builder woes - and where to from here

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 14:49 +1200, Tim Penhey wrote:
> After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I think we have formulated a plan.
>
> There is a PPA that has bzr-builder in it:
> 	https://edge.launchpad.net/~dailydebs-team/+archive/bzr-builder
>
> They are however out of date.
>
> Discussing with wgrant on #launchpad-dev we agreed that one thing that is
> really needed is some from of PPA owned by the launchpad team that is added to
> the sources of the builder machines.  This can have an updated bzr-builder in
> it for all the distroseries that we build for.  It is likely that we will in
> the future want to add more to this PPA.
>
> I think that the steps from here go something like this:
>  * Build an up to date bzr-builder package using lp:bzr-builder (we need rev
> no 78)
>  * This package should then be available in a launchpad team controlled PPA

This matches my understanding of the solution proposed in Wellington.

>  * This PPA needs to be added to the builder's chroot apt sources.
>    I think that the apt magic then to get bzr-builder will then get a version
>    sufficiently new for things to actually work.

I recall discussion in Wellington about adding an attribute to
IDistribution which would specify an additional recipe build-dependency
archive. Once that's there, it's easy to get it into the sources.list
that is passed through to the slave.