Re: Launchpad's service WADL clarification

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 15:36:00 +0530, Manish Sinha <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a WADL-->C# converter and taking Launchpad WADL file as
> the example. This project is mainly targeted at generating client proxy
> code for Launchpad.
> I ran into a few issues:
>
> in the request section of WADL, it can contain param[] and
> representation_type[] both together
> I can understand that param[] can be used for generating a method which
> has all the parameters given in param[]
> For representation_type[] I understood that the method is overloaded and
> each there are as many overloaded methods as the number of
> representation_type

Do you have an example of an element that has both param and
representation_type?

> My doubt comes that, when both param[] and representation_type[] are
> present in a single request.
> Let's take we have m param and n representation_type
> In this case, does all the methods look like?
>
> foo(param1, param2,.....,paramm, representation_type1)
> foo(param1, param2,.....,paramm, representation_type2)
> ..
> foo(param1, param2,.....,paramm, representation_typen)
>
> Or in most situations param[] and representation_type[] wont occur
> together? Can I safely assume this?

If this is a theoretical question that I think you can assume this.
I think the fuller implementation would be that the parameters defined
directly and those in the representation types would never overlap, so
that

  param foo
  representation_type A
    param bar
  representation_type B
    param baz

would be legal, but

  param foo
  representation_type A
    param foo

would not be. The specification doesn't seem to be explicit about this
though.

Thanks,

James