Re: Launchpad's service WADL clarification

On 4/25/2010 4:35 PM, James Westby wrote:
Do you have an example of an element that has both param and
representation_type?

Nope. That's why am asking whether such a situation can exist?

If this is a theoretical question that I think you can assume this.
I think the fuller implementation would be that the parameters defined
directly and those in the representation types would never overlap, so
that

   param foo
   representation_type A
     param bar
   representation_type B
     param baz

This means that we have two overloads for this methods . This corrosponds to

methodname(foo, bar)
methodname(foo,baz)

What am considering is that the child of request can contain either param[] or representation_type[] , not both together, which makes

param foo1
param foo2
param foo3

AND

representation_type foo1
representation_type foo2
representation_type foo3

LEGAL

WHEREAS

param foo1
representation_type foo2
param foo3
representation_type foo4
representation_type foo5

IS ILLEGAL.

More info is is here
http://www.w3.org/Submission/wadl/#x3-180002.9
which says that as per the schema param[] and representation_type[] exist together and what I marked ILLEGAL is actually legal as per the schema.

Confusion escalated. :(

would be legal, but

   param foo
   representation_type A
     param foo

would not be. The specification doesn't seem to be explicit about this
though.

P.S: Sorry for use of ALLCAPS for a few words. It was just for emphasis.