Re: Source Package Recipes Disabled on Edge / What's Needed to Get Them Going Again

On Tuesday 08 June 2010 02:42:47 Paul Hummer wrote:

> Here's the breakdown of the requirements:
>
>   1. Land my branch, which fixes bug #587109[2] - Lamont basically just
>      needs to roll this to the buildds.
>   2. Someone from Soyuz needs to land a fix to bug #587113[3] - wgrant
>      says noodles is working on this.
>   3. I need to land a final branch that fixes bug #587110[4] - I will
>      do this tomorrow.  This does

4. More testing on dogfood.

And I mean to not just put through a couple of successful builds, I mean more
like 100 of them, using bad recipes, good recipes, bad permissions etc. to
test all sorts of failure scenarios and different types of packages/recipes.

I'm really very uncomfortable about this feature going on to production again
until this has happened.  The build farm is a critical resource and many
people get upset when it fails.

Please feel free to talk to me about setting up dogfood as much as you need, I
want to help with the testing.

Cheers