Re: Source Package Recipes Disabled on Edge / What's Needed to Get Them Going Again

On 06/08/2010 07:29 AM, Julian Edwards wrote:
> 4. More testing on dogfood.
>
> And I mean to not just put through a couple of successful builds, I mean more
> like 100 of them, using bad recipes, good recipes, bad permissions etc. to
> test all sorts of failure scenarios and different types of packages/recipes.
>
> I'm really very uncomfortable about this feature going on to production again
> until this has happened.  The build farm is a critical resource and many
> people get upset when it fails.

I don't think anyone disagrees about the consequences of screwing up or
the importance of the build farm.  Please bear in mind, though, that
when this went live on edge, it was after we had tested on dogfood, and
that version did not have these issues.

> Please feel free to talk to me about setting up dogfood as much as you need, I
> want to help with the testing.

Thanks, we'll certainly take you up on that.

Aaron