Re: Source Package Recipes Disabled on Edge / What's Needed to Get Them Going Again

On 06/08/2010 10:22 AM, Julian Edwards wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 June 2010 15:17:19 Aaron Bentley wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, you can never test enough!  But if the testing on dogfood didn't
>>> have these issues, then what is the root cause of this problem?
>>
>> We went live on edge weeks ago, and these issues were introduced more
>> recently.
>
> That's not my recollection of events.
>
> We went live weeks ago, and that failed, and was backed out.

It was not backed out.  It may have been disabled for a couple of days.

The UI was left live while we waited for the LOSAs to process their
RT's.  See my email "Source package recipe build deployment status"
dated 05/20/2010.

Eventually, as the release approached, we disabled it so that it would
not appear in the production UI when the release was rolled out ("Re:
Source package recipe build deployment status" 05/31/2010)  We restored
it on edge as soon as was possible.

> I'm not pointing any fingers, I'd just like to get to the bottom of why this
> failed the second time, and I think it's worth an incident report.

My perspective is that it has been live for weeks, with a few interruptions.

What happened?  Paul's changes to remove sourcepackagename were deployed
as part of the release, but had no immediate impact because the UI was
disabled.  Then I restored the UI, which was deployed through an edge
update, though I had an RC from Curtis.

Aaron