Re: RFC: One True Way of addressing notification emails.

Hi,

Graham and I have talked a lot about this, but I'll just note....

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Graham Binns <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  1. Always use $bugno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I prefer this form as the From: address with X headers to cover any
additional info people need to filter against.

I've never worked on an webapp that sent mail as if sending from its
users, so it feels a bit weird to me.  I get why it's done, I think --
to simulate a more email-like or mailing list-type conversation,
right? :-) -- but I'm not sure I agree it's the right way.

However, I would prefer we do it the same across the site, so I'm not
planning to argue heavily for one form over the other if people have
strong opinions on this.

Cheers,
deryck

--