Re: Warning: For a few hours, Please merge devel into your branch before running ec2 test

On 06/09/2010 10:34 AM, Maris Fogels wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just got some feedback on the ec2 fix that landed yesterday. For the
next few hours, you MUST merge 'devel' into the branch you will be
testing with ec2 before running the test suite, or you may find that ec2
passes without running any tests and without failing!

We have landed two fixes for this issue on devel. This fixes 'ec2 test' without further work on your part.

The first removes the bad Makefile target: that means 'ec2 test' now fails on the 'make' step, instead of passing without running the suite. This should prevent future false successes from landing.

The second fix we landed adds a new "bin/ec2" script, and symlinks utilities/ec2 to it. Thanks to buildout, the new bin/ec2 script keeps itself isolated, and does not pick up the local _pythonpath.

Bug 591751 is tracking this issue: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-foundations/+bug/591751

Maris