Re: RFC: One True Way of addressing notification emails.

Hi Deryck,

For me the power of the mailing list metaphor comes from the fact that
Answers, Bugs and Code Reviews are about conversations between people, so to
me the experience should be as close to email as possible.

Also although, I have no data to back this up, I'd bet that most of our core
users follows conversations in these forums through their email client. It's
one of the distinctive feature of Launchpad that we have tight email
integration.

I don't think many people use the web UI to read bug comments or code reviews.
Except like in a mailing list when you consult the archive to get up to speed
on a conversation.

If that's the case, putting a non-descriptive email address in the From would
really degrade the experience in the mail reader.

As an aside, nowadays it's very common for mailing list to have multiple entry
points (think list-archives.org, yahoogroups.com, Google Groups, Gmane, etc.)

Cheers

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx