"ec2 land" and "ec2 test" results should be truthful once more

Hi everyone,

As of devel revision 10991 the "ec2 test" and "ec2 land" commands should return a true SUCCESS or FAILURE result. No more false passes, no more sending broken code to PQM.

Because this fix is for an intermittent problem, you may want to keep an eye on your next few landings. If no one reports a problem in the next few days, then we can declare the issue closed.

With the landing of the windmill suite stabilizations a few days ago, this should take care of most of the ec2 issues we have been seeing. I will tie up the remaining loose ends over the coming days.

The source of this 'false success' bug was another cascading failure in the test infrastructure: a doctest would fail intermittently, causing a UnicodeDecodeError, causing the testrunner's subprocess to die, which made the parent process forget the doctest failures ever happened.

There is a chance these intermittent doctest failures will show up in your ec2 test runs: let me know if they do, and we'll look into them.

Maris

Follow ups