Re: velocity slides on VCS <-> deployment of webapps

I think having an always shippable trunk would be great - and thats a
prerequisite for deploying from trunk :).

There are a few things that make trunk unshippable from time to time;
the first one being that it is sometimes broken :)

An interesting thing someone could do is to generate a root cause (not
necessarily 5-whys, pareto is probably better here) of the causes of
trunk being broken; we can then assess whether that would be an issue
for deploying trunk, and also how to fix the most significant of those
causes first.

Separately there is the whole strange {db-}devel thing, but that is
also related to how rollouts are done. I understand that its that way
because writing schema-migration-safe code is perceived to be too
hard: has any team done it? I'd _love_ to see a lightning talk on that
at the Epic.

-Rob