Re: velocity slides on VCS <-> deployment of webapps

Hi, Robert.

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Robert Collins
<robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think having an always shippable trunk would be great - and thats a
> prerequisite for deploying from trunk :).
>
> There are a few things that make trunk unshippable from time to time;
> the first one being that it is sometimes broken :)

What do you mean by "broken?"  If you mean "test failure," buildbot
catches those.  If you mean, "something does not now work on Launchpad
as it should," then I'm not sure I agree that entirely avoiding that
condition should be a prerequisite for continuous deployment.  That
seems a separate issue, regardless of deployment method.  But maybe
you're thinking something else entirely?

Cheers,
deryck

--
Deryck Hodge