Re: rollout changes to reduce downtime - linked to 'release features when they are ready'

У чет, 22. 07 2010. у 17:38 +0200, Robert Collins пише:
> What services do the language pack exports depend on - how can we make
> them tolerate upgrades?

Only the database and the librarian.  Database is, I assume, covered
(since we are not considering changing that *yet*). Librarian is where
the resulting tarball gets uploaded, but I am not sure if we need it to
be up throughout the whole build (well, we don't require it, but we
can't predict when the job will finish).

> Yes, supporting such things is important and I am not proposing we
> break it. Having a couple of days a month we don't do lots of rollouts
> on would be tolerable, best is to engineer around the entire problem.

Engineering around problems like these takes time.  And we do these more
often than couple of days a month (actually, 4 times a week, and
sometimes more when asked—see [1]).

[1] https://dev.launchpad.net/Translations/LanguagePackSchedule