Re: Older distroseries status of the Launchpad PPA

On 23/07/10 12:42, Tom Haddon wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 18:41 +0200, Robert Collins wrote:
>> There are backports of rabbit for production already - U1 and landscape use it.
>>
>> We can get those in the public PPA I suspect. Tom/Losas, can you
>> comment, or perhaps copy the builds to the lp ppa if thats ok to do?
>
> The version in lucid is newer than the version we have for other
> projects in the admin repo. So, is this really needed, or since most
> developers are on lucid, could they not just use the stock
> rabbitmq-server package from lucid?
>
>> This is blocking building the new dependency package which has been
>> requested for deploying rabbit.

The issue is not lucid, but hardy.

It would be wrong to put a launchpad-dependencies in the Launchpad PPA
for hardy which was uninstallable unless used alongside a private
internal archive, so we should rectify this by putting the relevant
hardy backports in the PPA. (I'm assuming there's no particular reason
they need to be private?)

Max.