Re: warning: we will soon have much noise in the test results...

On Monday 26 July 2010 11:15:01 Jonathan Lange wrote:
> In Launchpad, we have deliberately registered special ZCML handlers to
> make sure that our utilities are wrapped in security proxies (the
> "securedutility" directive). Thus, getUtility(IFooSet) returns a
> security-proxied IFooSet provider. Methods called on that IFooSet
> provider also return security-proxied objects.

I've seen a proliferation recently of people writing code like:

class FlangeGrobbler:
    @classmethod
    def new(cls, ...)

which completely bypasses the security adapter when returning new objects.

I think this should stop and the code be converted to IFlangeGrobblerSet.new()
style, or at the very least audited for security concerns.