Re: De-support jaunty as a launchpad development platform

On Mon, 2010-07-26 at 11:53 +0200, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Julian Edwards
> <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I don't think we should waste resources supporting the latest dev release
> > until it approaches its first beta.  It's such a fast-moving target until that
> > point.
>
> I think there are folk interested in having it work, and we should
> support them where there are access controls limiting them doing it
> all themselves.
>
> Waiting until the beta is near will mask issues we can otherwise
> provide early warning on.
>
> It would be great to have any largely mechanical bits automated ;)
I usually switch to the development release after the first alpha. It's
worked quite well for Maverick, the only thing I had to fix were a
couple of bzr-builder imports [0].

Cheers,

Jelmer

[0] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-foundations/+bug/601013