Re: Location of the registration slot

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 08:42 -0400, Curtis Hovey wrote:
> Hi Henning.
>
> Thanks for the prompt feedback.
> > My suggestion is simple: put the registration slot under the
> > breadcrumbs with
> > "margin-top: 1em". That would fix all of that and keep the
> > registration
> > information in a visible spot. Here are some screenshots of how that
> > would
>
> I tried that and rejected that for the reason stated above. I think the
> separation on the bug page made it unclear what was registered, the bug
> or the bug tasks below.
>
> We certainly can land more fixed for this and we can move the slot--I
> think I fixed all the tests that were wrongly testing the header
> information for their templates.

While QAing this, I see there is more inconsistency that I expected in
the registration slot. I will need to land a branch to fix these issues
that the floated position was also hiding. Some pages placed block
content into to a slot intended to be a single line, and this does make
the page difficult to read.

The registration slot is intended to contain a single phrase of

The templates that placed this information is a paragraph, extra div
need simplification.

The templates that place status information like "last update" need
rethinking.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/