Re: Location of the registration slot

Am 29.07.2010 03:35, schrieb Paul Hummer:
> Maybe there's an experiment here to look into for next cycle.  If we
> hid the registration information away with javascript, or put it at the
> bottom of the page, or removed it entirely, who would miss it?

I am sorry but I don't follow you guys at all. I find this very important
basic information about the object in question, at least for bugs, merge
proposals, answers and maybe blueprints. It's one of the first thing I want to
know, apart from the title.
- Who reported this bug?
- Who requested this merge?
- Who asked this question?
- Who proposed this spec?
The "When" question is also very valuable to put the object in the right context.
I do agree that this information is not that interesting for projects and
branches but should still be available by scrolling.

I think the correct solution would be to include this information in the page,
under "Question information" etc. That requires changes to each page, though,
so my proposed general change would be the quicker solution. I maintain that
the current (new) location is plain wrong.

Cheers,
Henning