Re: memcache, responsiveness and load {short story, lets turn memcache off}

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Robert Collins
<robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, we've got a partial deployment of memcache in place, and while it
> may be contentious, I think it has distracted us from solving root
> cause problems.
..> So, I propose to turn memcached off on Friday, unless I'm lynched
> before then, which I kindof expect :)

For clarity, I'm proposing removing all the uses of it that users are
noticing (and thus complaining about) - not removing the facility from
the datacentre: memcached is a good tool and its good that we have it
available.

-Rob