Re: Archive deletion strategy

On Thursday 05 August 2010 16:24:05 Aaron Bentley wrote:

> >> I would probably warn, the way we do on branch deletion, and then delete
> >> if the user decided to proceed.
> >
> > I assumed this was parallel to PackageBuild that Julian was saying
> > should prevent deletion. Can we go ahead and just delete
> > SourcePackageRecipeBuildJob?
>
> It's a linking table between SourcePackageRecipeBuild and Job.
> Equivalent to BuildPackageJob.  I don't agree with Julian that
> PackageBuild should prevent deletion.

Sorry, I meant: BuildPackageJob, BuildQueue and Job, which are only present
when a build job is in the queue.

>  I think that if you're aware that
> there are outstanding builds for the archive you want to delete, and you
> choose to delete it anyway, that should delete the outstanding builds.

As I said previously, which you may have missed before I CC'ed you on the
thread, we can't do that yet because it leaves us with a stuck builder.

If we can fix bug 463046 first then this would be fine.